[patch] Win32 enchaments

Ross Paterson ross at soi.city.ac.uk
Thu May 11 10:58:42 EDT 2006

On Thu, May 11, 2006 at 01:42:20PM +0300, Esa Ilari Vuokko wrote:
> If there's nobody else that'd like to check and commit changes in, yes,
> I can volunteer.

I should warn you that the graphics part doesn't quite work with GHC.

> >- The patch is full of ^M's -- I assume there's some way to tell darcs
> >  that you're on a CRLF system, so this doesn't happen.
>
> As far as I can tell, no, it isn't possible - darcs maintains the idea
> that it doesn't touch the data.  And it appears I can't find a switch
> that on my editor.  I'll try to find a solution later.

I just assumed that all revision control systems did this, but it seems
not.  That would be a nuisance.

> >- why do you hide everything in System.Win32.NLS?
>
> I thought this only hides these names.

Sorry, I misread.

> >> I also pushed version
> >> number so it's possible to use cabal versioning to fail versions
> >> without added stuff.
> >
> >It's probably best to delay that until a release.
>
> I don't see a big diffrence, except that with my patch other packages can
> use (somewhat) correct version dependency before release.

But in you increment the version number every time you add something to
the interface, you'll use a lot of version numbers.  I'd prefer to use
setup sdist --snapshot to get incremental versioning between releases.