[patch] Win32 enchaments

Ross Paterson ross at soi.city.ac.uk
Wed May 10 13:07:43 EDT 2006

On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 02:34:42PM +0300, Esa Ilari Vuokko wrote:
> Is this really the list for patches?
> http://darcs.haskell.org/packages/Win32/_darcs/prefs/email
> says it is.

That indicates that the package has no maintainer.  I ported it to FFI,
but am not able to look after it.  Would you like to volunteer?

Still, I've committed your patches, but re-arranged them a bit.
Some remarks:

- The patch is full of ^M's -- I assume there's some way to tell darcs
  that you're on a CRLF system, so this doesn't happen.

- The natural counterpart of VOIDP is Ptr a, not Ptr (), and that saves
  some castPtr's, too.

- use of Foreign.Concurrent.newForeignPtr makes System.Win32.FileMapping
  non-portable (do you need to keep those handles open?)

- why do you hide everything in System.Win32.NLS?

> I also pushed version
> number so it's possible to use cabal versioning to fail versions
> without added stuff.

It's probably best to delay that until a release.