[Haskell] ANN: monadLib 2.0

Iavor Diatchki iavor.diatchki at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 13:15:38 EST 2006

Hello,

On 3/24/06, Ross Paterson <ross at soi.city.ac.uk> wrote:
> Is there a description anywhere of the differences between the two,
> and what would be involved in moving one's application from mtl to
> monadLib?

No, but such a document would be quite useful and I should probably
try to write one, but that might take me a while as I am quite busy at
the moment.  The good news is that the intreface to 'monadLib' is all
in a single place (the module 'Monad.Prelude'), so it is easy to see
most of the differences.  The web-page
(www.csee.ogi.edu/~diatchki/monadLib) also contains a table that lists
all the transformers and what operations they support, which would
probably be informative to someone familiar with 'mtl'.  Also
'monadLib' is very small and has documentation (and examples), so
looking through it source code is not unreasonable.

-Iavor