Text.ParserCombinators.* is a bad name

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 03:02:34 EST 2006

Hello Donald,

Wednesday, March 8, 2006, 8:42:08 AM, you wrote:

DBS> * Secondly, an FAQ on #haskell is "Where is fst3/snd3/thd3?"

DBS> Lacking some fun generic system for hacking at tuples, perhaps
DBS> fst3/snd3/thd3 should be put back into the base library under
DBS> Data.Tuple, next to fst/snd?  I note they were in (at least some
DBS> versions of) Haskel 1.2, and they're even defined locally in GHC.PArr.

DBS> I'll draft the patches if people think these are reasonable.

i'm greatly support this. there is a plenty of trivial functions which are
repeated in almost any program. there is a GenUtil module by John
Meacham, NewPrelude at hawiki, Util directory in GHC compiler and many
other places where these trivial functions are conceal itself

so adding even part of this fucntions to std libs will be great.
especially in the face of Haskell' where these functions can be
standartized. i'm especially like to improve situation with string
processing, even strstr() analog is absent in std libs!

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com