ANN: Edison 1.2RC4

Gregory Wright gwright at comcast.net
Thu Jun 1 21:46:45 EDT 2006

Hi Robert,

Edison 1.2rc4 builds on OS X 10.4.6/powerpc with ghc 6.4.2
and passes the test suite with no errors.

I have packaged it for the darwinports system, where it can be
obtained as hs-Edison and hs-EdisonAPI.  (It's packaged as
two separate ports so that EdisonAPI is automatically built as
a dependent of Edison.  Users need only install the hs-Edison port.)
You might want to consider distributing Edison's API and core
separately in the future, to make life a bit easier for package
management system like darwinports and FreeBSD ports.

I will update the port to the final release when it comes out.

Best Wishes,
Greg