xml in fptools?

S. Alexander Jacobson alex at alexjacobson.com
Thu Jun 1 13:18:28 EDT 2006

Ok, but my original question is whether one XML tool makes sense.

For example, if we are consuming XML, it seems like we would want
something layered on top of Parsec or PArrows (so we can also parse
the contents of CDATA etc).

And, if we are producing XML, then we just need some data type that
represents the XML infoset and a function for presenting that infoset
as XML.

And if we are transforming XML, then perhaps the HaXML approach makes
the most sense.  Note: I am using a wrapper around HaXML for producing
XML in HAppS.

And if we are *transacting* XML, then a tool like Haifa or HWSProxyGen
or perhaps DTDToHaskell seems to make the most sense.

All of these seem like different needs/tools.  What were your use-cases?

-Alex-

S. Alexander Jacobson tel:917-770-6565 http://alexjacobson.com