HDBC-ODBC compile problem

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Mon Jul 17 15:40:18 EDT 2006

On 2006-07-17, Robert Dockins <robdockins at fastmail.fm> wrote:
> I got a resolution to this problem on a different mailing list:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/glasgow-haskell-users@haskell.org/
> msg10063.html
>

> I've attached a patch that makes it work for me.  It's not cross-
> platform happy, but it makes the Windows compile work.  Darcs "get"
> from http://darcs.complete.org/hdbc-odbc/ and apply the patch.

Hello Robert,

First off, thanks for your work on this.

I would appreciate getting patches e-mailed directly to me, BTW.

As you noted, I can't apply this directly as-is because of not being
cross-platform happy.  That is easily enough fixed for the #includes.
However, for the .cabal file, it's not so easy.  Is it really not
possible to link in odbc -- it has to be odbc32 on Windows?