ANN: TextRegexLazy 0.44

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 13:51:27 EDT 2006

Hello Chris,

Friday, July 14, 2006, 8:05:50 PM, you wrote:

>    2) Different target [Char] or ByteString

just to let you know - there is also lazy ByteString datatype which is
essentially [ByteString]. at the last end, RE support for it will be
also demanded

> My first thought is that the type of the regex encodes both which syntax is in
> use and which back-end will be used.  Something like

>   "Hello" =~ (pcre "el+")

> would use PCRE syntax and pcre library backend against the [Char]. And

>   (pack "Hello") =~ (compatRE "el+")

> Would use the old Text.Regex syntax and my lazy backend against the ByteString
> produced by pack.

> Other answers?

i will be very pleased if it will be possible to write just String as
regexp and don't worry (and even don't know!) about existence of
different regexp engines until i actually need specific one:

"Hello" =~ "el+"
pack "Hello" =~ "el+"

while for requesting specific regex engine your syntax is really great!

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com