ANN: TextRegexLazy 0.44

Chris Kuklewicz haskell at list.mightyreason.com
Wed Jul 12 17:03:19 EDT 2006

TextRegexLazy: The Text.Regex.Lazy replacement and enhancement for Text.Regex

New Version: 0.44
Where: http://sourceforge.net/projects/lazy-regex

Changes from 0.33 to 0.44

     * Cabal
     * Compile with -Wall -Werror
     * Change DFAEngineFPS from Data.FastPackedString to Data.ByteString
       (still fairly untested)

This was my first time packaging with cabal, and I am hoping it works for you.
The tests have been cleaned up and now Cabal can run them.
The change from FPS to ByteString was trivial.

Question 1: What more would people want from a Regex engine for Data.ByteString?

Question 2: Is there interest in getting this into an official release of the
base libraries?  The Compat module could at least replace or sit alongside the
performance sink of the current Text.Regex code.

--
Chris

"I define UNIX as 30 definitions of regular expressions living under one roof."
    * Donald Knuth: Chapter 33 of the book Digital Typography, p. 649.