Idea to allow people to comment on Haskell docs

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jan 23 04:57:56 EST 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-23 at 09:42 +0000, Simon Peyton-Jones wrote:
> | They will get the right anchor if people follow the convention of
> using
> | headings for each function they want to add notes about. In the wiki
> | markup that means writing:
> |
> | = withSvgFromFile =
>
> Aha.  It'd be good if the text they see when they are about to start
> editing a blank comment file gave them exactly this advice.  Don't know
> if that is possible, but that's the moment they'll need it!

Yeah, and as Isaac Jones pointed out we need a bit of a blurb at the top
to tell people that the wiki space is not for reporting bugs.

So library authors who are thinking of setting up haddock links to a
space in the wiki should be given this advice:

        Pre-create all the pages that are linked to and use the template
        {{library blurb}} as the initial contents of each page. You can
        be notified of all changes to these pages by ....

So we should create that template with the a suitable blurb.

Duncan