Idea to allow people to comment on Haskell docs

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Mon Jan 23 04:16:17 EST 2006

| > Adding source code links would complete the picture.
|
| Done!
|
| Take a look at my example pages again:
| http://haskell.org/gtk2hs/docs/devel/
| http://haskell.org/gtk2hs/docs/devel/Graphics-Rendering-Cairo-SVG.html

http://haskell.org/gtk2hs/docs/devel/Graphics-Rendering-Cairo-SVG.html#v
:svgRender

Excellent stuff!

I didn't follow all the details of your message, but I notice that the
source code link doesn't move to the defn, presumably because there's no
anchor in the source file.  I guess that would require munging the
source files to add the anchors?  Unless one can link to "Foo.hs line
424", somehow.

Suppose I follow the Comments link from (say) withSvgFromFile, and add
some comments.  Will they automatically get the right anchor?  Because
all the comments for SVG (rightly) end up in a single file, don't they?

This looks great.  (Don't forget the documentation for Haddock itself.
Documenting the feature makes it much more likely that people will use
it.)

Simon