Idea to allow people to comment on Haskell docs

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at
Tue Jan 17 13:56:14 EST 2006

On Sun, 2006-01-15 at 17:57 +0000, Duncan Coutts wrote:
> All,
> People were taking recently about how to make it easier for people to
> contribute to the official documentation.
> Well here's a suggestion:
> We have the Haddock-generated pages link to a wiki. Each module would
> link to one page of a wiki. On that wiki page people could add their
> extended documentation, notes, example code snippets, pitfalls etc.

> So we'd want to patch haddock to generate the links (controlled by an
> extra flag I guess). So I expect that there should be at least a top
> level link to the corresponding wiki page.

I've had a go at patching Haddock to put a link on the page for each
module. It's controlled by an optional --wiki=URL flag.

As an example, I used this with the (devel version of the) Gtk2Hs docs:

For example this page:

links to:

Seem reasonable?