RFC: Collection framework.

Niklas Broberg niklas.broberg at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 12:37:42 EST 2006

On 2/14/06, Jean-Philippe Bernardy <jeanphilippe.bernardy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello libraries folk,
>
> Following popular demand, I've been working on a class-based
> collections framework that I would like to submit for review.
>
> The main goal is to have something usable right now, making use of
> generally available haskell extensions for maximum
> usability/portability ratio (or rather product).
>
> http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/CollectionClassFramework

Agree with Wolfgang, first impression is positive.

I like the way you separate the i and o parameters. One comment
though, with the current setup there's no way to say that the
collection is not countable (e.g. a membership function could not be a
collection), but I guess that falls under the disclaimer of "practical
usage"? :-)

Another comment, you note that  "We should consider porting this to
Associated Types, since it's an alternative for FD in next version of
Haskell". Looking at your proposal, there's nothing in there that
would not directly port to Associated Types, no problems there.

/Niklas