Haskell Crypto Cabal

Charles "core" Stevenson corezion at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 12:00:58 EST 2006

Dom.,

On 2/4/06, Dominic Steinitz <dominic.steinitz at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> I don't know what dh_haskell is. Is it something to do with Cabal?

Sort of... it's a Debian helper tool which checks for the existence of
a Cabal file in order to automate a large portion of creating a Debian
Haskell package.  So... but no worries it's not important here.

> I know nothing about debian (although I am planning to move to it if I ever
> get the time). I'd suggest using ghc-pkg to see what's installed (as far as
> ghc is concerned) and then use one of the options to remove Crypto and try
> building again.

Ahhh... now this is what I needed.  Thanks so much! :-)  ghc-pkg
reveals that during my initial build and install with --user (which I
FORGOT about ;-) that it was indeed finding the package.  This answers
my question:

/home/core/.ghc/i386-linux-6.4/package.conf:
    Crypto-2.0.3

Thanks for the help and I hope you find time to explore the world of
Debian or one of its derivatives sometime.  What's the best way to go
about submitting a patch for the initial hack at a debian/ directory
for inclusion in the darcs repository?  It still needs some work but
will be a great way to make this more accessible to Debian and Ubuntu
users.  The Http and NewBinary packages already have the appropriate
scripts so this seems like the right thing to do.

Thanks again for all the help and creating a thorough Cabal file.

peace,
core