cabal setup scripts (was: Re: building haddock?)

Frederik Eaton frederik at a5.repetae.net
Tue Feb 7 22:34:44 EST 2006

I haven't been following this closely, but I think I have to agree
with Isaac on this point. To me it seems that the .cabal language is
already Turing complete in the sense that one can get it do anything
by writing to the Haskell mailing lists. That's neither efficient for
the users, nor for Isaac.

(However, I do think it would be much nicer if one could use say
"cabal-setup" or just "cabal" instead of "runhaskell Setup.hs"...)