Haskell Crypto Cabal

Dominic Steinitz dominic.steinitz at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Feb 4 03:58:16 EST 2006

On Saturday 04 Feb 2006 12:05 am, Charles \ wrote:
> Hi Dominic,
>
> I've been experimenting today with creating a rough debian/ directory
> for creating a package of crypto version 2.0.3.  I'm not sure if you
> have experience with debian.  I basically copied the NewBinary debian/
> directory and looked as well at the http library's debian directory
> and read some of the Debian manuals.  A strange problem arises when
> trying to build the examples where the Crypto library hasn't actually
> been installed yet so when it starts to build BERTest it throws an
> error:
>
> ./Codec/Utils.hs:1:0:
>     Module `Codec.Utils' is a member of package Crypto-2.0.3.
>     To compile this module, please use -ignore-package Crypto-2.0.3.
> ./setup build files: 256 at /usr/bin/dh_haskell_buildinst line 167,
> <COMPAT_IN> line 1.
> make: *** [install] Error 1
>
> Any ideas or suggestions?  Should I just remove the test binaries from
> this cabal file or should I contact the maintainer for dh_haskell and
> ask him to look into a solution for the issue.
>
> I'm still a newbie to haskell so forgive me if this is trivial.
>
> peace,
> core
Charles,

The message is saying you already have Crypto-2.0.3 installed and the compiler
has found something of the same name on its search path.

I don't know what dh_haskell is. Is it something to do with Cabal?

I get this message when I am playing around in the source tree so I use
-ignore-package so that everything gets picked from my current sources rather
than using the installed package.

I know nothing about debian (although I am planning to move to it if I ever
get the time). I'd suggest using ghc-pkg to see what's installed (as far as
ghc is concerned) and then use one of the options to remove Crypto and try
building again.

Dom.