[Haskell] System.FilePath survey

Dimitry Golubovsky golubovsky at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 09:21:58 EST 2006

Answering the initial question by Krasimir:

>    * Have you used the existing FilePath module and what do you think
> about it?
> Do you found it useful? Have you made any significant bugfixes or
> extensions to it?

Yes. I use it in my FFI packaging utility (which is work in progress).
I found it useful at least because Cabal uses the same, and my program
needs interoperability with Cabal, so file paths represented the same
way as Cabal uses them are of benefit to me.

Side note. By the way, Network.URI has its uriPath component as a
String. Having FilePath same as String just makes it easier to
construct a "file://" schemed URI for a local file.

If however it is decided that FilePath is represented by something
other than a String then URI will need this change in uriPath too,
won't it?

--
Dimitry Golubovsky

Anywhere on the Web