Control.Monad.Error documentation

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 20:16:48 EST 2006

Hi

I just got this email message, in fact just _after_ the one saying the
deadline had expired. I guess you need to reset the deadline, and
there is probably a sensible reason no one replied in 2 weeks :)

> 1) What "| m -> e" part means in a declaration:
>
> class (Monad m) => MonadError e m | m -> e where
>     throwError :: e -> m a
>     catchError :: m a -> (e -> m a) -> m a

Functional dependancies. I am sure the wiki knows more (somewhere)

> 4) Is it Ok to say "Haddock for X" instead of "Haddock documentation for X" like in Java people say "Javadoc for X"?
> It is funnier if one remembers that haddock is a fish :-)

Why not "Documentation for X" - the tool that produces it isn't the
important thing, the important thing is what it is.

Plus a few points on the other email :)

Thanks

Neil