Wanted: documentation for STM

Simon Marlow simonmarhaskell at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 07:28:33 EST 2006

Spencer Janssen wrote:
> Clicking on any of the names takes you to the documentation for
> GHC.Conc, and each function seems reasonably documented there.  Is
> Haddock able to show the documentation of these re-exported functions?

The problem is that Haddock doesn't store all the documentation in the .haddock
file for a package, so it can't propagate documentation for re-exported
identifiers across package boundaries.  Including all the documentation in the
.haddock file would bloat the file quite a bit, I think.

However, maybe we could export the documentation on a module-by-module basis,
selected by an option in the module source.  We should at least improve the
presentation for identifiers that don't have documentation becuase they are
re-exported from another package.

Cheers,
	Simon