Data.List documentation improvements

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Thu Dec 7 18:06:50 EST 2006

On Thu, 2006-12-07 at 09:49 -0800, Iavor Diatchki wrote:
> Hi,
> instead of adding examples to the documentation, wouldn't it be better
> to have a wiki site that documents the libraries, and everyone can add
> examples there.  I am thinking something along the lines of:
> http://us2.php.net/manual/en/function.fopen.php

I added a feature to Haddock to link modules/functions to source code
and/or to a wiki site (the feature is included in haddock 0.8). So we
could make something like this work for the standard set of docs on the
ghc site.

We'd need to decide on a url scheme and probably find some way of using
a standard template or pre-creating the wiki pages (I'd assume we'd have
one per module). It's possible to link on a per-function basis to
content inside a wiki page if you use a url scheme like:

http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/libraries/%module%#%varid%

I assume it's possible to make href anchors in a wiki page, though to do
it consistently might need more advice from the wiki experts.

Duncan