Data.List documentation improvements

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at
Sun Dec 3 19:28:04 EST 2006

> In general, what do people think about adding examples by default to
> anything we want in the libraries? Are people ok with this?

Personally, yes, I think its a great idea.

> I.e.
>     * general cases
>     * corner cases

Perhaps additionally a few QuickCheck style properties where that helps.

> and for some things, like the monad transformers:
>     * entire programs

I think what is really needed is for Haddock to have some kind of
"show source" link that shows the source for a function inline in the
documentation without opening a new page. Often the best documentation
for a function is its definition.