Data.List documentation improvements

Andriy Palamarchuk apa3a at
Sun Dec 3 19:16:08 EST 2006

I submitted a proposal ticket for this patch:

The deadline is Wednesday, December 6th.

----- Original Message ----
From: Andriy Palamarchuk <apa3a at>
To: libraries at
Sent: Friday, December 1, 2006 9:53:08 PM
Subject: Data.List documentation improvements

Goal of my changes it to make list functions more accessible to Haskell newcomers.
"Extracting sublists" section seems to have less complete documentation than rest of the module.

Added examples for all the functions.
Added easier to understand summaries for composite functions.

Comments, suggestions, better descriptions?

Is it Ok to send the darcs patches as is or it is better to send only diffs without context?
I'd like to keep patch in plain text, not compressed.

Cheap talk?