Cabal Questions

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Fri Aug 18 12:01:42 EDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-08-18 at 18:18 +0300, Esa Ilari Vuokko wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 8/18/06, Neil Mitchell <ndmitchell at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > because unfortunately Cabal has no dependency analysis, and hence,
> > > in practice, it is better to keep all modules listed, under on of
> > > Expoted-Modules (libraries), Main-Is (executables) and Other-Modules
> > > (libs and executables).
> >
> > That's unfortunate. Is this considered as a bug that will be fixed at
> > some point, or is this by design?
>
> It's a missing feature, or a bug, whichever you prefer.
>
> http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/ticket/15

Yeah, we will need this for proper support other preprocessors too. For
example .chs files can have dependencies on each other. Currently Cabal
totally ignores that. Perhaps we can pinch the .hs dep chasing code from
either GHC or hmake and make it extensible for other pre-processors. But
yes the license is important.

Duncan