cabal (./Setup.hs) options

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 04:45:09 EDT 2006

> Hi,
>
> I like Cabal. There are a few things that I'm used to from autotools which
> I can't seem to find: dry-runs, uninstall and a "make distcheck" equivalent.

<snip>

>   uninstall
>     Removes all files and directories created by install

Ditto. This is really necessary since otherwise I'll have to build a
Debian package anyway before I can install the Cabal package. Getting
software of my system is almost as important as getting it on there in
the first place. Prevents my system from deteriorating over time.

Would it be hard to implement? Anything I could do to help?