Data.ByteString candidate 3

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Tue Apr 25 08:46:55 EDT 2006

On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 09:12:55PM +1000, Donald Bruce Stewart wrote:
> I'm quite happy with this now, the code is a lot cleaner, and hopefully
> this will appease the people who disliked the intermingling of Char and
> Word8 code, which I agree was unsatisfactory.
>
> Opinions?

Well, it is all great except it doesn't provide what we really want, a
drop in fast replacement for haskell strings :)

I'd like to see the Char and String names reserved for things that
actually can represent Chars and Strings. The internal representation
can be completly abstract based on the ByteString data type (though, I
am partial to utf8).

not that a 'Latin1' module couldn't be provided too. But I don't think
the module should be called 'Char'.

        John

--
John Meacham - ⑆repetae.net⑆john⑈