Data.ByteString candidate 3

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Tue Apr 25 08:05:53 EDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-25 at 21:12 +1000, Donald Bruce Stewart wrote:

> Ok, here's what I've done:
>     http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~dons/fps/new/

> I'm quite happy with this now, the code is a lot cleaner, and hopefully
> this will appease the people who disliked the intermingling of Char and
> Word8 code, which I agree was unsatisfactory.
>
> Opinions?

It's looking good Don. I think the Word8/Char split was the right way to
go.

On that theme, there are a few more functions for which we should
consider which of the Word8/Char modules would be their best home. If we
are saying that the base module is encoding agnostic then I think these
functions should probably move to the .Char module since they make
assumptions about the encoding of things like '\n'.

breakSpace
dropSpace
dropSpaceEnd

lines