Data.* collections maintenance

Bulat Ziganshin bulatz at
Sun Oct 23 16:30:35 EDT 2005

Hello Jean-Philippe,

Sunday, October 23, 2005, 7:19:18 PM, you wrote:

i propose the following plan of actions:

1) define list of datastructures which will be included in this

2) knowing 1) we can define class hierarchy and list of functions in
each class

3) knowing 2) we can define our qiuckcheck and performance tests

4) now we can go to rewrite our modules

one more question: standard Haskell98 libraries has two different
interfaces for collections - one in Data.List and fully different for
arrays. it is likely that we will use List-like interface? btw, are
you seen our PackedStrings debates? as part of this project Simon
Marlow actually implemented List-like interface to unboxed immutable
arrays :)

Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:bulatz at