Data.* collections maintenance

Johannes Waldmann waldmann at imn.htwk-leipzig.de
Fri Oct 21 11:06:34 EDT 2005

Christian Maeder wrote:

> So far, the problem always was to agree on an accepted interface (that I
> didn't want to be a class but leave to the discipline of library writers.)

What exactly does prohibit the use of a class here?
What about the class design of Edison (I admit I never used it).
http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/edison/users004.html#toc3

IMHO the use of interfaces (instead of relying on the discipline
of library writers and users) is the important step forward
from the collections framework of STL (C++) to that of Java.

We certainly don't want to fall behind that,
or if we do, we need to have very good reasons.
--
-- Johannes Waldmann -- Tel/Fax (0341) 3076 6479/80 --
---- http://www.imn.htwk-leipzig.de/~waldmann/ -------