Data.* collections maintenance

Johannes Waldmann waldmann at
Fri Oct 21 11:06:34 EDT 2005

Christian Maeder wrote:

> So far, the problem always was to agree on an accepted interface (that I
> didn't want to be a class but leave to the discipline of library writers.)

What exactly does prohibit the use of a class here?
What about the class design of Edison (I admit I never used it).

IMHO the use of interfaces (instead of relying on the discipline
of library writers and users) is the important step forward
from the collections framework of STL (C++) to that of Java.

We certainly don't want to fall behind that,
or if we do, we need to have very good reasons.
-- Johannes Waldmann -- Tel/Fax (0341) 3076 6479/80 --