[Haskell] Read Instances for Data.Map and Data.Set

Simon Marlow simonmar at microsoft.com
Thu Oct 20 04:51:01 EDT 2005

On 20 October 2005 09:18, Christian Maeder wrote:

> Georg Martius wrote:
>> Anyway since there was no response to S. Alexander Jacobson post
>> [1], I decided to write these instances at least for GHC in the
>> style of the other instances in GHC.Read.
> Who feels responsible for including something into Data.Set and
> Data.Map (recently I've proposed a change for Set.intersection and
> others also made suggestions)?

It's not clear who has ownership for these libraries.  They were
authored by Daan Leijen, and modified for inclusion in the base package
by Jean-Philippe Bernardy, neither of whom has been actively maintaining

I'm happy to commit small obvious improvements, but I'm not familiar
enough with the code to judge the quality of non-trivial changes.

Any volunteers?