[Haskell] Read Instances for Data.Map and Data.Set

Simon Marlow simonmar at microsoft.com
Thu Oct 20 04:51:01 EDT 2005

On 20 October 2005 09:18, Christian Maeder wrote:

> Georg Martius wrote:
>> Anyway since there was no response to S. Alexander Jacobson post
>> [1], I decided to write these instances at least for GHC in the
>> style of the other instances in GHC.Read.
>
> Who feels responsible for including something into Data.Set and
> Data.Map (recently I've proposed a change for Set.intersection and
> others also made suggestions)?

It's not clear who has ownership for these libraries.  They were
authored by Daan Leijen, and modified for inclusion in the base package
by Jean-Philippe Bernardy, neither of whom has been actively maintaining
them.

I'm happy to commit small obvious improvements, but I'm not familiar
enough with the code to judge the quality of non-trivial changes.

Any volunteers?

Cheers,
	Simon