lawbreakers in Text.PrettyPrint.HughesPJ

Christian Maeder maeder at tzi.de
Wed Nov 30 09:44:42 EST 2005

Christian Maeder wrote:
> I've tried both versions, without noticing a difference. So take the
> following patch (as suggested by Conal).

I became a problem with my (Conal's) suggested patch on a mac. When
compiled with optimization the code was so blown up that it could no
longer be linked on a mac. (The problem does not occur if only isEmpty
is changed as suggested before.)

Unfortunately the example is large and takes ages to be reproduced and
it took me an age to find that the cause was my change to our version of
HughesPJ.hs.

Christian

the link error shows up as:

[...]
/usr/bin/ld: ./Logic/Logic.o relocation overflow for relocation entry
5401 in se
ction (__TEXT,__text) (displacement too large)
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [hets] Error 1