Bug in Control.Monad.State

Iavor Diatchki iavor.diatchki at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 12:55:02 EST 2005

Hello,
Just to clarify, I wasn't suggesting that the the monad is strict in
the state component, but rather that it is strict in the pair
containing the result and the state.  This is a fine but important
distinction. I doubt it will break many programs, because the API to
the state monad always creates well formed pairs, even something like
'mfix return' is OK.
-Iavor