Bug in Control.Monad.State

Iavor Diatchki iavor.diatchki at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 17:23:11 EST 2005

Hello,
It is not clear to me what is the right thing to do here (although I
agree that the transformer and the monad should be consistent).  In
'monadLib' at first I was very careful to make things as lazy as
possible, but then I noticed that this was a source of memory leaks,
that a user of the library could not really avoid.  So now I have
started making things stricter, not  in the state itself, but rather
the pair (result,state).  One always has to watch out for mfix, of
course, but things appear to be working at the moment.
-Iavor