RFC: Time Library 0.2

Sebastian Sylvan sebastian.sylvan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 05:43:16 EST 2005

On 11/2/05, Ashley Yakeley <ashley at semantic.org> wrote:
> In article
> <3d96ac180511010738h1e3c5206vba7318e724e3cb48 at mail.gmail.com>,
>  Sebastian Sylvan <sebastian.sylvan at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Which is why I requested a separate function which just gives the
> > picosecs since startup (or something).
>
> That's what getCPUTime in System.CPUTime does.

No it isnt'. getCPUTime gives the.. uh.. CPU-time :-)

If all my program does is sleep, waiting for other programs to release
some resource, then getCPUTime will return zero.

What I'm requesting is a function which gives the number of wall-clock
picos seconds since startup, which could be used for all sorts of
real-time simulations etc.

/S

--
Sebastian Sylvan