Read Bruce Schneier's Applied Cryptography was Re: One more time, SSL vs GPG

Shae Matijs Erisson shae at
Thu May 19 11:07:06 EDT 2005

"S. Alexander Jacobson" <alex at> writes:

> GPG secures documents, not interactions.
> SSL secures interactions, not documents
> Hackage is an interaction not a document.
> Therefore, SSL can secure Hackage, but GPG can't.

I suggest you read Bruce Schneier's book Applied Cryptography.
I hope that will unconfuse you.
For more information on the book -
It's an excellent book, I read it when I had a job implementing RFC3161.
It seems I've been living two lives. One life is a self-employed web developer
In the other life, I'm shapr, functional programmer.  |
One of these lives has futures (and subcontinuations!)|  --Shae Matijs Erisson