hackage, cabal-get, and security

Simon Marlow simonmar at microsoft.com
Tue May 17 10:40:14 EDT 2005

On 17 May 2005 15:19, S. Alexander Jacobson wrote:

> My solution in SearchPath (released yesterday) is to rely on a
> combination of HTTPS and links.

I don't want to start another huge debate, but I think your solution at
least lacks support for some fundamental (IMO) features:

  - versioning
  - pre-compiled libraries
  - FFI (external C libraries & bundled C code)

What's your story for these?  e.g. what you do intend to happen when
someone imports Graphics.UI.WX?

Cheers,
	Simon