package mounting

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace at
Mon Jun 27 07:20:04 EDT 2005

"Simon Marlow" <simonmar at> writes:

> , Frederik Eaton wrote:
> > It looks like there's been a bit of recent discussion regarding module
> > and package namespaces.
> This idea has been raised before, but it was a while back, and we called
> it "grafting".

I concur with Simon that the mounting proposal has similarities to the
grafting proposal.  I also concur that opinions may have changed since
the previous discussion, so it is worthwhile bringing it up again.

I also wonder whether (or to what extent) mounting/grafting could
address (or conflict with) the question of qualified name exports
expressed in this thread: