Haskell Matrix Library...

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Sun Jun 26 12:41:53 EDT 2005

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005, Frederik Eaton wrote:

> Maybe there would also be uses for a native Haskell matrix library but
> my intuition is that something like what I described above would be
> more useful to more people. Am I wrong?

It would be nice to not restrict the element type of the matrix. There
might be matrices of Integers or polynomials and you want to compute a
determinant. LAPACK can't do that. So there should be some framework of
type classes where the floating point number instances use LAPACK and the
others use Haskell code.