ANNOUNCE: Gtk2Hs version 0.9.8 released

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jun 24 21:23:55 EDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-06-24 at 13:32 +0100, Ross Paterson wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 24, 2005 at 12:43:33PM +0100, Duncan Coutts wrote:
> > Gtk2Hs - A Haskell GUI library based on the Gtk+ GUI Toolkit.
> >
> > Version 0.9.8 is now available from:
> >
> > http://haskell.org/gtk2hs/
> >
> > Changes since 0.9.7:
> >       * much greater API coverage, including the new Gtk+ 2.6 APIs
> >       * Yampa/wxHaskell-style properties added for all widgets
> >       * improved reference documentation, there is more of it and the
> >         docs for each module are now split into sections.
> >       * works with GHC 6.4
>
> It's a little confusing that you use .cabal for files that are not Cabal
> package descriptions, but rather installed package info files as used
> by ghc-pkg 6.4.  In the fptools tree, such files are typically called
> "package.conf".

Yes, we were confused about this. We'll change it for the next release.

Is there a convention for the suffix of these file? We can't call them
all "package.conf" because they all live in the same directory (at least
on the target system they do). That is, the files accepted by ghc-pkg
(and produced by ghc-pkg describe), what are they called?

With ghc 6.2 and before, we used to call them .pkg files.

Duncan