Default prefix for Cabal on Windows

Isaac Jones ijones at syntaxpolice.org
Fri Jun 17 01:19:32 EDT 2005

Brian Smith <brianlsmith at gmail.com> writes:

(snip)
> * Even if a program is written in Haskell and is built with Cabal, I imagine
> that people who write Windows Haskell software for non-developers will not
> expect users to install the software via Cabal. Instead, they will provide
> an MSI with a GUI installer. That means that, for the most part, the only
> users of Cabal on Windows will be programmers.

That's not necessarily true.  As in Linux, it makes a lot of sense to
write an interface between MSI and Cabal, and I've chatted a bit with
Sigbjorn Finn about this.

I'm very glad to have more windows users sending us requests!  I hope
that a windows user can help us to implement some of these.  Krasimir
Angelov has done lots of the windows hacking.

peace,

  isaac