Cabal help please

Adrian Hey ahey at iee.org
Thu Jun 16 12:44:34 EDT 2005

On Thursday 16 Jun 2005 4:23 pm, Simon Marlow wrote:
> On 16 June 2005 15:36, Adrian Hey wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm just getting around to tidying up the AVL library and releasing
> > a new version and, of course thinking about Cabalising it too. But
> > I'm finding difficult to figure out how to do this from the
> > Cabal docs and Distribution library haddock.
> >
> > Anyway, what I want to do is..
> >  Run cpphs on all the sources
> >  Compile the results using -split-objs (for ghc at least).
>
> Cabal doesn't support -split-objs at the moment.  To do this you'll need
> to write your own Makefile and hook it up to Cabal (possible, but a bit
> fiddly I believe).

Thanks, that's what I thought but wasn't entirely sure. -split-objs is
pretty important I think (in fact I really think this should be the
default behaviour).

I already have a make file that works fine (maybe with a bit of user
tweeking of paths and wotnot before compiling) so seeing as I can't
easily eliminate gnu make dependency anyway maybe I should just stick
with this for now.

Regards
--
Adrian Hey