Haskell Matrix Library...

Keean Schupke k.schupke at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Jun 10 07:11:36 EDT 2005

I think people misunderstood this quote... The idea is that you may
devote a lot of time to developing the 'Best' solution to
a problem, but never get to use the solution (because it took so long to
get right). On the other hand you can develop a 'good'
solution much quicker, and have time to use it. I guess it is a
rephrasing of the classic "95% is good enough" rule.

In other words I think it is better to have a usable, but imperfect,
matrix library soon, rather than a perfect one at some
time in the future. Of course this library does not have to be included
in the standard libraries, but if it is useful enough
and is reasobably clean I don't see why it would not be wanted.

LAPACK does not appear to support higher dimensional matrices... is this
right?

Anyone got any pointers to definitions for transpose and multiply for
arbitrary higher dimensional
matrices?

    Keean.