WashNGo Won't Build

Nils Anders Danielsson nad at cs.chalmers.se
Sun Jul 24 15:04:41 EDT 2005

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005, Isaac Jones <ijones at syntaxpolice.org> wrote:

> Dominic Steinitz <dominic.steinitz at blueyonder.co.uk> writes:
>
>> I've just downloaded and tried to build WashNGo but I'm getting the
>> errors below.  Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks, Dominic.
>>
>> make[2]: Entering directory `/home/dom/WashNGo-2.4.6/Mail'
>> /usr//bin/ghc -M -optdep-exclude-directory=../Utility  -package-name WASHMail
>> -package text  -i../Utility  ContentDisposition.hs Email.hs EmailConfig.hs
>> HeaderField.hs MIME.hs MailParser.hs Message.hs RFC2822.hs
>> Could not find module `Unique':
>>   it is a member of package util-1.0, which is hidden
>>   (imported from Email.hs)
>
> Looks like you need a "-package util" flag?

I think the problem is that WashNGo and the util package both contain
a module Unique. Furthermore it may not be enough to hide the util
package since, if I remember correctly, some part of Wash uses it. If
that is the case I guess the easiest way is to rename Wash's Unique to
something else.

Some sort of grafting/mounting, as has been discussed earlier, would
indeed be nice to have here.

--
/NAD