Time

Simon Marlow simonmar at microsoft.com
Tue Jan 25 09:30:56 EST 2005

On 25 January 2005 14:25, Simon Marlow wrote:

> my plan was that the whole "time offset" issue would be a layer on top
> of this library, as others have suggested.  You can already do simple
> calculations using CalendarTime.

One other thing I just remembered: IIRC there was a proposal to handle
the whole timezone offset issue with a single function

   normalizeCalendarTime :: CalendarTime -> CalendarTime

which would essentially just roll over the out of range fields in
CalendarTime.  This is essentially the same as the idea Marcin proposed
in his message, I believe.  Of course, normalizeCalendarTime needs to
know about leap seconds (some minutes don't have 60 seconds!).

Cheers,
	Simon