haddock library?

Simon Marlow simonmar at microsoft.com
Fri Jan 14 05:42:50 EST 2005

On 14 January 2005 05:15, John Meacham wrote:

> I was thinking it would be useful if parts of haddock could be made
> into a library. mainly the parsing bits of it. There are a lot of
> useful little documentation aware utilities that can be written, and
> the haddock command itself can be simplified.

By all means... a good first step would be to separate out the front end
parts of Haddock into a Cabal package.  The parser is derived from the
Haskell 98 parser in Language.Haskell.Parser - it would be nice to
replace this with a (parameterised) version of the Haddock parser to
reduce duplication, but that's a fair bit of work.

I'd put the Haddock front end in Language.Haskell.Haddock, perhaps.

Cheers,
	Simon