Cabal hooks

Isaac Jones ijones at syntaxpolice.org
Thu Jan 13 12:09:40 EST 2005

Krasimir Angelov <kr.angelov at gmail.com> writes:

> There is also an another solution which I proposed in our off-line
> discussions with Ross. The hook can return [(String,BuildInfo)] where
> the first element of the pair is the library/executable name to which
> to the BuildInfo is related. The drawback here is that the field
> exposedModules is in BuildInfo type but we would like to keep this
> list constant over all platforms. My solution is to make a slight
> refactoring. In the BuildInfo have three fields exposedModules,
> hiddenModules and executableModules. The former two fields are used
> only for libraries while the latter is used only for executables. It
> is a little bit strange to have fields which are used only in some
> cases. I propose to introduce a new type:

The refactoring you propose for buildinfo and packagedescription are
probably a good thing outside the context of the hooks.  I'll work on
that late tonight if you can wait, if you can't wait then go ahead and
do it.

I have to think about the [(String, Buildinfo)] idea and the
PackageDescription -> IO PackageDescription ideas.  I'll let you know
ASAP.

peace,

  isaac