Non-H98 crusade, contd.

Sven Panne Sven.Panne at aedion.de
Fri Feb 25 17:46:42 EST 2005

Apart from the recent Monoid problems, I'm a bit concerned about the non-portable
ReadP creeping into some modules, making them non-H98. This affects e.g. Cabal and
even something as simple as System.Info (which incorrectly claims that is portable).
IMHO we should really keep at least those portable, even if this would involve a
little bit more work. Is local universal quantification really needed for those
simple parsing tasks? It looks a bit like overkill here...

Cheers,
    S.