Typeable SockAddr

Tomasz Zielonka tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 06:31:44 EST 2005

On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 10:49:19AM -0000, Simon Marlow wrote:
> On 24 February 2005 17:53, Thomas Jäger wrote:
>
> > Also, a Typeable instance of Data.Queue.Queue seems to be missing.
>
> Done.

BTW, what about the discussed idea of detaching 'deriving' from the
datatype definition?

I don't remember if it was proposed before, but it would be nice if
two or more such 'deriving' declarations could be coalesced, if there
was no conflicting hand-made instance declaration. This way, Thomas
could simply write

    instance Typable Data.Queue.Queue derived

and his program wouldn't break if you added 'deriving Typable' to
Queue in a newer version of GHC.

Hmmm, I fear this could be impossible to do safely in general...

Best regards
Tomasz