Monoid library

Iavor Diatchki iavor.diatchki at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 16:02:20 EST 2005

Hello,
For the purposes of my monad library I wrote a small monoid library
that I am attaching to this mail.  Instead of using overloading, it
makes the monoid structure explicit.  In this way we can have both
additive and multiplicative monoids on the same type, and for my
library it removes the
'Monoid' constraints that were all over the place (the same happens in 'mtl').
The version that I post here coexists with the overloaded approach,
but I am not sure that both of them are needed.  If people think that
this way of doing monoids is useful, perhaps we should update the
Data.Monoid.
-Iavor