Cabal package descriptions

Isaac Jones ijones at syntaxpolice.org
Thu Feb 10 10:55:01 EST 2005

Ross Paterson <ross at soi.city.ac.uk> writes:

> I think we need an extra field Synopsis for a short summary of the
> package, possibly supplemented by the longer Description.  This should
> make Hackage catalogues more readable, and could also be shown by an
> extended form of hc-pkg list.

I think that's a fine idea.

> (repeated) License and License-File should not be mutually exclusive.
> They're both useful, for different purposes.  Perhaps License would
> be more accurately called License-Type.

I would like to make the license field required without being very
burdensome to the user; I feel like the license-file field is a bit
more burdensome and it's hard for me to justify making it required.
Do you still want to have a file as an option in the license-type
field?

I guess we could make either/or required.  What do you think about
what should be required?

> Perhaps Hidden-Modules should be renamed Other-Modules, now that it
> is used by both libraries and executables.

Also fine by me.

Thanks for the suggestions!

peace,

  isaac