Changes in PostHooks

Ross Paterson ross at soi.city.ac.uk
Wed Feb 9 12:40:44 EST 2005

On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 02:39:51PM +0200, Krasimir Angelov wrote:
> I would like to do some checks in the cabalized HSQL during configure
> phase. In order to do this I need to know where GHC is installed. I
> decided to do this in the postConf hook but I have slightly changed
> Hooks API. The types of all post hooks are:
>
> Args -> LocalBuildInfo -> IO ExitCode
>
> It seems like no one is using post hooks at this time so I think that
> it is safe to do this change. Thoughts?

With defaultUserHooks it would also be useful to pass the stuff in
LocalBuildInfo to the configure script.  Moreover the contents of
<package>.buildinfo aren't really used until the later stages.
So really we want

	postConf :: Args -> ConfigFlags -> LocalBuildInfo -> IO ExitCode

and we don't need preConf or the postX where X /= Conf.  YAGNI, I say.